Friday, January 15, 2010

Tribute to a Daughter

A daughter was awarded the 2010 Excellence in Nursing. How far she has come in her 26 years. The tribute that was given to her used words like responsible, caring, good worker and the "go to" person. Great words given to a person who has always stuggled with words. Reading did not come easy, spelling was difficult and tests were a nightmare. I asked her one time what she would have done if her mother hadn't pushed & shoved her through school. Her answer, "I would have quit." She has come far. She is now a confident, caring person who has found her niche in life and I am proud.

2 comments:

  1. I have a daughter that had trouble in school, too. Parents need to hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky enough to have a mom who cared, too. Yea! to all the moms and dads who care about their children and want them to succeed.

    ReplyDelete